Now that I’m back from Japan, it’s time to release the next version of the Entify framework. The new version 0.6 beta is a bugfix release and doesn’t contain new features except that now MonoDevelop add-in works with the latest MonoDevelop 2.4.
What’s new in 0.6 release
- Visual designer updated to support MonoDevelop 2.4
- Bugfix to issue 4: Entify did some unneeded lazy loading for entities (performance issue)
- Bugfix to issue 5: GetEntityId() method was not visible for client application
- Bugfix to issue 6: To-Many relation lead to crash when no related entities were set for an entity
- Bugfix to issue 7: Entify didn’t show up in MonoDevelop for MonoTouch projects
- Bugfix to issue 9: Invalid relation name could lead to malfunctioning generated code
In the next version of Entify, I’ll concentrate fixing visual designer stability issues under OSX. This is crusial for MonoTouch developers. So, don’t expect any new features in the next release either. Version 0.8 will contain new features when we get there!
I recommend everyone to update to the latest version. There shouldn’t be any compatibility issues between versions 0.5 and 0.6 except with MonoDevelop. MonoDevelop API has changed and therefore the new visual desinger add-in won’t work with older versions of MonoDevelop. This is not a big problem, since you should use the latest version of MonoDevelop anyway.
Get Entify 0.6 beta from Entify website